If you would like to forward your career in one of the UK’s top genuinely non-selective co-educational schools, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- St George’s is an over-subscribed, non-denominational Christian Foundation school. Our Christian values drive the wonderful atmosphere of our school community.
- Complimentary lunch is provided by the school for its employees.
- The successful candidate can also make use of our superb fitness suite for free.
- St George’s supports and encourages all staff in their continuing professional development.
- We provide a strong mentoring framework for all new teachers.
The successful candidate will:
Have Qualified Teacher Status.
Be able to teach Mathematics across the age and ability range.
Be a highly motivated NQT, a current member of the profession or returning to the profession.
Have an awareness of effective assessment and use of data to track student progress.
Have the capability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Have a passion for the subject and an ability to communicate this to young people.
Be sympathetic to the needs of all children and be equally at home with weaker students as well as the brightest.
The School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders, as a requirement of employment, are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure. To apply – complete attached St George’s Application Form. In addition provide a letter, outlining why you wish to apply for this post, what experience and professional development has prepared you for it, and what personal skills and attributes you could bring to the role that would enrich it further. Personnel - (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel - 01582 716 228 Closing Date: all applications will be considered as they arrive and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the school may close the advert early if they feel able to recruit a suitable candidate. Interviews: to be held throughout the recruitment process
Closing date: 29/03/2018 17:00:00
Interview date: to be arranged individually
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WHERE YOU FEEL YOU BELONG? TEN GREAT REASONS TO JOIN THE ST GEORGE'S TEAM
- Be part of a vibrant, inspiring and supportive team
- Everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged
- A place where your work will ‘make a difference’ and be appreciated by pupils
- Learning is what we do; with passion
- Unique opportunity to work in one of the leading state boarding schools in the country
- Students champion and promote our community’s high standards and aspirations
- Excellent behaviour is the norm, not the exception
- Career development is encouraged and supported through great training
- A sense of belonging; part of a community and the St George’s ‘Family’
- Where the worst thing about work is going home at night
Working at St George’s also comes with a number of free additional fringe benefits*: on site parking, access to excellent sports and fitness facilities; and provision of lunch. On-site accommodation for specific posts is also available at reduced rates. * Staff terms and conditions are liable to review and change from time to time In 2014 OFSTED wrote that "This school has got the magic formula", and we have to say we agree! St George’s is a unique place to work. It is the perfect blend of high quality, innovative teaching and a community which cares. It has a highly supportive pastoral system as well as a residential state boarding community, all of which is firmly cemented in our Christian principles and strong commitment to our values of mutual respect, endeavour and sense of community. We hold on to our tradition and embrace the future with equal relish. St George’s is consistently in the top percentile of schools nationally for academic performance and rated outstanding by Ofsted. However we are not driven by such external measures but by our passion to provide the best learning and life experience we can for the pupils entrusted to our care. We hope that you will share our enthusiasm and drive to continue to make St George’s an exciting place to work and learn. Join us for a career at a school that certainly wants us to "Aim Higher".
'The ethos and relationships are everything'. 'This school has got the magic formula'.
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com