Smart Teachers is recruiting for a qualified, experienced Maths Teacher who will have sole responsibility for developing Maths at Key Stages 3 and 4 in a thriving performing Arts school in environment in the heart of the City of London. This post is for 4 days per-week, for 1 term from September. Successful candidates must be prepared to work in cohesive, fast-paced school environments and be prepared to immerse themselves into the school community and extracurricular life.
About the Role
• To uphold full responsibility for the leading, managing and development of the Mathematics curriculum for the school as the teacher for the department
• To provide an engaging curriculum that supports learners of varying abilities, supporting student progress and nurturing enthusiasm for the subject
• To effectively manage physical resources within the Maths department.
• Class sizes to exceed no more than 10-15 learners at any time
• To contribute to the pastoral side of school life and support the performances and shows that take place during the autumn term.
About the School
• there are 6 academic classes in total, over a building comprising of 9 floors
• Exam boards used here are AQA/Edexcel
• Very spirited and enthusiastic students , with an excellent attitude to learning core subjects
• 25% of students are identified as having SEN, although the needs are extremely mild
• Long-standing performing Arts school
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• GCSE assessment knowledge /experience is essential
• Experience within a subject leader/head of department position
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DDS40215M
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.