Full time to start January 2019
Fixed term contract until August 2019
Suitable for MPR/UPR/NQT
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our very successful Maths Faculty on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave with the possibility of this post becoming permanent, depending on the operational needs of the school. We are particularly proud of the strong progress our pupils make and are looking for an excellent practitioner to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team player and passionate about leading the teaching of Maths.
The Westgate School has a strong academic tradition where pupils excel because of the exceptional partnership for learning that exists between pupils and adults in our school community. We are strongly committed to supporting the wellbeing and professional learning of all colleagues.
• To be passionate about enabling all pupils to make good progress in Maths;
• To be able to support the team in reviewing the GCSE Curriculum and assessment procedures;
• To help develop new initiatives and pedagogies which will continue to improve the teaching and learning in Maths;
• To actively participate in our culture of learning from each other and sharing good practice;
• To promote Maths by celebrating pupils’ success, organising enrichment activities and promoting exceptional behaviour for learning.
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The Westgate School has a Health & Fitness Suite and an on-site, full time day nursery (0-5 years) available to staff.