Acorn Education Centre
40 hours per week
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre in Milton Keynes, we provide care and education for young people aged 14 to 17 years who have been sentenced or remanded into custody. During their time with us, they attend school lessons at our on-site education facility, as well as taking part in offending behaviour programmes designed to help them address the actions and attitudes that led them into custody. Our aim for all of the young people at Oakhill, is to help them to understand why they have come to us and give them the support and guidance they need for when they are released.
- Plan, develop and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and national curriculum so that young people’s needs are met.
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual education plans so that the young person’s needs are met.
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to the young people’s care and education.
- Monitor young people’s progress and undertake assessments so that they receive appropriate support and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Assist in the development of educational materials ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the Company, the contract and relevant external bodies.
- Manage the teaching environment ensuring security of equipment and welfare of the young people in line with contractual requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Assist as required with the overall education provision to optimise services delivered.
We’re looking for a fully qualified and experienced Maths Teacher to join us and deliver high quality lessons to all our students.
It is essential that you have a qualified Teacher status or a PGCE pre-16 qualification, along with the relevant professional experience in teaching Maths. Strong organisational skills coupled with the ability to motivate, inspire and bring out the best in others along with a non-judgmental and open-minded attitude are vital.
This is a diverse role, but not easy as the young people can be unpredictable and confrontational at times. Working with some of the most difficult young people in the country, you’ll need to be confident, assertive and resilient with plenty of life experience.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Board and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
To apply, please visit our online careers portal at: http://careers.g4s.com/jobs/Teacher-Maths_46869/
Closing date: 30th May 2017
Buckinghamshire, MK5 6AJ