Maths Teacher (NQTs welcome)
MPS/UPS (£23,720 - £35,008) Competitive salary for the Berkshire Area
Are you a trainee teacher looking to secure your first teaching post? We offer the perfect environment for you to grow and develop as a teacher. We recognise that the learning curve continues once the training year is over and offer a bespoke three-year induction programme to newly qualified colleagues. Teachers on our NQT+ programme benefit from a minimum of 20% PPA time, no requirement to take a tutor group, and access to a range of high quality CPD and inset days informed by current research and pedagogy. Interviews will include a chance to meet with your NQT mentor and talk to some of our current NQTs.
This post is suitable for NQTs or more experienced teachers and we offer a range of development opportunities to teachers at all stages in their careers. If the successful candidate is an NQT then the contract will be from July 1st.
In addition, we offer:
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a hugely successful and collaborative department;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Mathematics Department and Kennet School please view the attachments on our website labelled:
- ‘What we believe – Letter from the Headteacher’
- ‘Kennet School Benefits – Letter to applicants’
- ‘A Letter from the Head of Faculty’.
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Maths at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 with experience of A Level Maths and/or Further Maths an advantage;
- creative, forward thinking attitude and unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply: The easiest way to apply is by accessing the role on www.TES.com and clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button. Alternatively you can download our application form from the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website and send your completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Mr C Ellison, Deputy Headteacher (email@example.com) for more information.
Application Deadline: 9am on Monday, 18 March 2019 (we reserve the right to close and shortlist early, therefore early applications are encouraged). Candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview Date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019