- Contract: Full Time/Permanent
- Salary: MPS/UPS (competitive salary)
- Closing Date: 16 October 2017
- Interview Dates: 19 October 2017
The Thomas Deacon Education Trust and Local Governing Body seek an outstanding leader for Thomas Deacon Academy, a leading school in the Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic leader to steer it/support it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together. With a clear focus on leadership at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Thomas Deacon Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding leader.
Thomas Deacon Academy
- Trust: we are honest
- Discipline: we never give up
- Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
In July 2015, Ofsted graded the Academy as ‘Good’ in all areas and we are moving forward in our continued journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
The City of Peterborough
Living in Peterborough offers the perfect mix of heritage, countryside walks, shopping, entertainment and dining out, all being easily accessible. Peterborough is well connected by road with direct links to the A1 for travelling North to South and the A47 for travelling East to West. Rail travel is equally as convenient with the East Coast Line direct to London in 50 mins and a direct connection to Stansted Airport in 80 mins.
The successful Maths department at Thomas Deacon Academy are looking to appoint an inspiring Maths teacher to join their hard-working, committed team. The department is extremely supportive of each other and is led by fantastic practitioners who are forward-thinking, innovative and motivated to ensure all students achieve well and develop an enjoyment of the subject. Being part of TDA Education Trust there will be a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop within the department, Academy and Trust wide.
- be a passionate, inspiring teacher of Maths.
- have recent experience of successful teaching.
- be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement.
- demonstrate experience of inspirational team membership and development.
- know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach.
- be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential.
- have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
The Trust offers:
- excellent salary package.
- fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- opportunity for of progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- an engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- a talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- an actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
- partnerships with local schools, sharing resources and best practice to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the local area.
Further information, news and events and 360˚ tour of our outstanding building, can be viewed on our website: www.thomasdeaconacademy.com
To apply please complete the Teacher Application Form on the Vacancies page of our website. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to visit the Academy please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail email@example.com.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.