To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and attainment in Mathematics by teaching excellent lessons and working to achieve whole school and departmental development targets within Year 7-Year 11.
• To have high expectations of all pupils based on relevant data.
• To teach using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and through scaffolding and objectives ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the college’s policies and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work.
• To assess pupils’ work in line with school policies and procedures referring to pupil performance targets.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic action plan.
• To attend and contribute to all staff and subject meetings.
• To use data, both externally and internally produced, to assess pupil performance and to develop appropriate courses of action.
• To review methods of learning and teaching on a regular basis.
• If asked, to be a form tutor to an assigned group of pupils.
• To register students and notify the designated safeguarding lead immediately about any concerns relating to a pupil.
• To participate in the college’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To attend all Curriculum, Parent Teacher Conferences and other such academic or pastoral events.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
• To undertake duties as detailed in the staff Duty Rota.
• To comply with the current policies and procedures of the College.
• To display the Wellington Values at all times, either in school or in the wider community.
Education: Minimum of an undergraduate degree plus a recognised teaching qualification e.g. PGCE
Subject: Maths or another highly numerate discipline.
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Language: Fluent English
Experience: A minimum of 2 years work experience teaching in high performing schools.
• Display excellence in Maths teaching.
• To have a demonstrable commitment to professional learning.
• Prior experience of working with ESL learners preferred.
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- Proficient in English.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 26 and below 57 years of age
Wellington College International Hangzhou is the 13th member of Wellington College family worldwide, offering a world-class international education for children of expatriate families from the ages of 5 to 18, following a curriculum based on the Engl...