We are looking for an experienced Maths Teacher/Subject Lead to join the team at ACS Hillingdon International School, teaching IB Diploma classes, as well as other Maths courses within the school. You will be able to provide leadership to this subject area throughout the school and develop and implement a strong vision for student engagement and achievement in Mathematics. The teaching role will be primarily based in the school’s High School years (Grades 9-12), with some teaching in Middle School years (Grades 5-8) a possibility at some stage in the future.
The essential qualifications, skills and experience for this role include:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent as a minimum in the relevant subject
- A teaching qualification (QTS or equivalent)
- At least two years’ experience teaching Maths at IB Diploma level or equivalent (e.g. A Level or AP) to students in all grades from 5 to 12 (equivalent to Years 6-13 in the UK systems)
- Strong IT skills, preferably with Apple products
- Significant experience and willingness to integrate technology to improve teaching and learning
- Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for teaching and good understanding of behaviours of the relevant age group
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
Relevant competencies include:
- Collaboration - demonstrable evidence of sharing perspectives and working collaboratively in order to move towards a shared goal and create a positive environment
- Nurturing relationships - demonstrable evidence of caring for others and making the effort to build effective working relationships with colleagues
- Clear communication, both verbal and written
- Decision-making - focusing on defining solutions, using a rational approach to making decisions and being prepared to commit to a clear course of action
- Making things happen - the drive, motivation and commitment to make things happen, focusing on delivering outcomes and being proactive rather than reactive
- Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for education and good understanding of behaviours of relevant age groups
- Resilience - responding positively to pressure, remaining emotionally stable and positive when faced with challenges
- Promoting positive change - demonstrating ambition to be better, embracing change and coming up with new ways of working for the good of the students and the school
- Applying learning - seeking opportunities to learn and develop and applying learning to new challenges
ACS International Schools
Founded in 1967 to serve the needs of global and local families, we educate 3,700 students, aged 2 to 18, from more than 100 countries. Our schools are non-sectarian and co-educational.
At ACS we offer everyone the chance to feel part of something big. As a group of leading international schools, our dedication to student success is matched only by our professional desire to attract, retain and develop staff of the highest standard.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, and the opportunity to work with leading international educators in a stimulating professional environment with outstanding facilities and opportunities.
How to find out more
If you would like to be a part of our world, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.acs-schools.com for further information.
To apply, please visit www.acs-schools.com and complete our o nline application form.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this advert early, therefore please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.