Looking to further your career with one of the most beautiful school's in Surrey? Manor House School has a vacancy for a part-time Maths Teacher from September 2018.
Reporting to the Head of Maths you will be an exceptional classroom teacher with the ability to inspire and promote mathematics throughout the school.
Reporting to the Head of Maths, members of the maths department are accountable for pupil progress and development. They must work together to ensure the provision of an appropriately balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all which is exciting and far-reaching.
Learning and Teaching
- Teach an appropriate lesson load, as appropriate to skills and qualifications
- To contribute to the coordination of appropriate pupil sets
- To act on underachievement and provide intervention classes as appropriate
- To inspire uptake on A ‘level Mathematics
- To organise and oversee a Maths Club and revision classes if necessary
- To organise entries for the Prep and Intermediate Maths challenge
- Undertake professional development as agreed with school leaders
School improvement and quality assurance
- To actively promote mathematics throughout the school
- To work and improve the level of numeracy throughout the school with the other staff, including Prep (Upper and Lower)
- To ensure that internal tests and examinations are set and administered professionally
- To liaise with the examinations officer on matters relating to external examinations
For a full Job Description and Personal Specification please see the attached pack.
Interview Dates tbc.
Please contact the HR department with any questions on the following details;
Manor House School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people which all staff share responsibility. We have an extensive policy on safer recruitment practices which ensures those unsuitable for working with children are identified at the initial stages. All staff in regulated activity with pupils are subject to the standard pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Volunteers and visitors are also subject to identity checks.
All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding the students with regular training and updates when required.