Fulham, London www.moatschool.org.uk
Maths Teacher Required for Spring Term 2017
The Moat School is a unique, independent secondary day school in London for children with dyslexia and associated SpLDs. We are seeking to employ a new Maths Teacher from 5th January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. If you have initiative, enthusiasm for learning, good educational qualifications and some experience in working with young people, we would like to meet you.
The Moat School operates its own salary scale, starting from £27k. The School provides all staff with the exclusive use of a wireless enabled laptop computer.
The Moat School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure.
Closing date – Friday 17th November 2017
Interviews will be held the week commencing 20th November 2017
Further details of the post and an application form are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher of Maths
A vacancy exists for a full-time Maths teacher to start in January 2018. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching to KS3 and KS4 to GCSE and have confidence in teaching a broad range of ability. Class sizes are favourable, with an average of 10 at Key Stage 3 and very small groups at GCSE.
Summary of responsibilities
• Excellent subject knowledge at National Curriculum and GCSE subject content and structure.
• The skills needed to incorporate ICT into the Mathematics curriculum • Taught previously in the KS3 and KS4 area of Mathematics
• Be able to demonstrate success in teaching Mathematics in a mixed needs environment
• Be able to demonstrate some knowledge / understanding of teaching pupils with literacy and numeracy difficulties
• Be able to differentiate curriculum to suit learning styles of SpLD pupils
• Skill in monitoring the learning style and progress of pupils in a competent and logical manner
• Understand assessment using National Curriculum to level pupils
• Be innovative and creative with classroom lessons
• To teach pupils according to their educational needs and as defined in their individual educational programmes
• To organise and to participate in numeracy day activities throughout the year • To take part in in-service training days
• To perform normal staff duties, including those specified in the Staff Handbook; including the provision of reasonable cover for absent colleagues.
• To undertake lunchtime and break-time duties as required
• To participate in the preparing of pupils for public examinations and participate in the arrangements and supervision of such examinations.
Applications with a full accompanying covering letter and the contact details of two referees (including current or most recent employer) should be sent by post or email no later than 17th November 2017 The Headmistress The Moat School Bishop’s Avenue Fulham SW6 6EG