The Governors of The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School wish to appoint a Teacher of Media Studies and Film Studies who is committed to raising the achievements of our students. You will be joining a strong, enthusiastic, subject specialist team with a track record of success.
We offer a range of courses at KS4 and KS5 including: GCSE Film, A Level Film & BTEC Creative Media. We are looking for a talented teacher who possesses a drive to help students succeed, as well as a person with vision and creativity to enhance success in these areas.
You will teach in a designated Media teaching room, that is equipped with outstanding teaching resources. Teachers will also be expected to teach across the Expressive Arts department in subjects such as Drama, Art or Music.
We welcome applications from all candidates willing to support the Catholic ethos.
- Outstanding results, at both GCSE and A level, from our well-motivated students
- A school which has been in the top 3% nationally for Progress8 in 2015 - 2019
- A school which was judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in the 2018 inspection
- An IT rich environment and high quality learning facilities
- Outstanding CPD provision: NQT induction through to leadership courses
- Inner London Weighting salary benefits
- A supportive and open management team
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is an ambitious and caring community, committed to fulfilling the gifts of each student, reflected in the School’s mission statement “Education for All = Achievement for All”.
Informal visits are welcomed; please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Cunningham.
Salary: £30,480 - £33,410 Main Scale M1-M3 (Inner London Allowance)
The closing date for applications is 24th February 2020 at 9am.
Interviews are to be arranged.
The job will commence 1st September 2020.
If you need any further information, please contact Mrs Christine Plant by email at email@example.com or telephone 020 8575 8222 Ext 411
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the DBS