Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Media Studies Teacher to join a co-education secondary school in Hertfordshire. This good school holds Academy status and is well established in the local community being partnered with another local school. The successful Media Studies Teacher will be teaching a timetable including KS3. KS4 and KS5. The school is well resourced with a fantastic sense of teamwork amongst the school staff. The Media Studies Teacher post will start at the beginning of term in January 2020 and be contracted through till the end of the academic year in the first instance with the possibility of a permanent appointment for the right candidate.
About the Role
• Media Studies Teacher
• KS3, KS4, KS5 lessons in the timetable
• Full time role
• Contracted till July 2020 initially with the possibility of a permanent contract
• Salary between £25,543 - £41,635 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Co-educational 11-18 year olds
• Good Ofsted
• School holds Academy status
• In a Trust with another local school
• Hertfordshire, direct train link from London Liverpool Street station in 20 minutes
In order to be considered for this role, the Media Studies Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH17748
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.