Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Reference Number: SCC171824
Salary: £18,350 - £30,691, a pro rata of £22,937—£38,364 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 3rd December
Interview Date: w/c Monday 11th December
Location: FutureSkills@ MediaCityUK, Salford College of Further Education
Contract Type: Fixed term until 29th June 2018
Hours per Week: 0.8 FTE
The successful applicant will be able to teach level 1-3 in Media Production, an ability to teach level 4-5 as well is desirable. It is also desirable for candidates to possess technical expertise in a variety of Media software and have a good understanding of HE, BTEC and/or OCR Specs. We also require applicants to have:
· Relevant industry experience in Radio and/or TV.
· A good network of industry professionals.
· A good understanding of Radio and audio production technologies.
· Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to utilise new technologies in teaching and learning.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in the teaching and learning experience with a demonstrable track record.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.