Are you passionate about teaching Media Studies and making a difference to young people’s lives? We are looking for a Subject Leader to join us for a fixed term contract to cover for maternity leave.
As part of the Cambridge Meridian Trust, based mainly in Cambridgeshire, opportunities for advancement within the Trust at all levels is frequent and encouraged by senior staff. We care about your career and believe that motivated staff who are supported to be successful and ambitious make great teachers.
You will be leading our inspirational and successful department from September 2018 and will contribute to helping our students continue to achieve excellent results. The department boasts great teaching facilities which are well resourced. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inspiring young minds and challenging themselves to constantly improve. We encourage and support staff to innovate and grow as professionals, by working collaboratively with like-minded colleagues within our school and across our family of schools in our trust.
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Interested in spreading their enthusiasm for Media beyond the classroom.
• Committed to the pursuit of excellence and have a strong desire to work in a team that supports all members of its community to be successful.
In return, we can offer you:
• Induction for all
• Calendared NQT/RQT/New staff meetings for CPD
• Leadership Coaching
• Free tea, coffee, squash in staff area
• Child care voucher scheme through payroll (tax free)
• Free eye test for constant computer users
• Staff Social Activities
• Free Gym membership on site on specific days
• Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
Ely College serves the beautiful City of Ely and is located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links.
We encourage visits before interview and this can be arranged by contacting Victoria Cutforth - HR Officer. A full recruitment pack can also be sent out for your information.
Closing date for applications is 15th June 2018 with interviews to be held shortly after.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.