Medical and Pastoral Support Administrator
Salary range: between 20045 and 21218
Pay details: Starting salary including fringe allowance £17,530
We are seeking a Medical and Pastoral Support Administrator to join our team at Croxley Danes School, currently based in Watford, but moving to a brand new building in Croxley Green during 2020. We would like you to have:
- A current first aid qualification
- English and Maths Level 2 (GCSE equivalent)
- Experience of working with and supporting children, young people and their parents/carers
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- The ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to work in a team and be part of the wider life and ethos of the school
- Ability and self-motivation to work independently
- Student focused, professional approach to work
- Experience of ICT (Microsoft Word and Outlook)
- A natural aptitude for to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
We can offer:
- A permanent contract of 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
- A positive working environment within a well-regarded, heavily over-subscribed school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and already provides a high quality education to its first three cohorts of students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at its permanent location where its buildings are currently under construction. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you. The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the links on this website
- Applications to be sent to Mrs D Gamble (Recruitment Manager) by 10am on Thursday 21st November 2019
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
- The school reserve the right to close the advert early, should a suitable applicant be found; therefore, early application is advised.
Websites: www.croxleydanes.org.uk www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW Tel: 01923 589699
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
Closing date: 21/11/2019 10:00:00
Interview date: ASAP
The Danes Educational Trust comprises two schools: St Clement Danes School, an Outstanding school with "World Class" status, and Croxley Danes School, a new secondary school which opened in September 2017 using St Clement Danes as its blueprint. Dr Josephine Valentine was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years and is now the Chief Executive Officer of the Danes Educational Trust. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of both schools as CEO. Mr Stephen Thompson joined St Clement Danes as Head of Science in September 2000, becoming Assistant Headteacher in September 2002. He worked extensively on the education plan for the original application and was appointed Deputy Headteacher in March 2015, taking on the project management of Croxley Danes School. In December 2016 he was appointed Headteacher of Croxley Danes School and took up this post in January 2017 with responsibility for the day to day leadership of the school. If appointed to a role, you will benefit from working as part of an established and thriving Trust blueprinted on St Clement Danes' exceptional reputation for cutting edge staff development and outstanding outcomes for its students. Croxley Danes School will eventually provide a high quality education to over 1200 students aged 11-18, having opened for its first year with 120 Year 7 students based at St Clement Danes School. From September 2018 it has been housed in the building formerly occupied by The Reach School in Tolpits Lane before moving to its brand new buildings at the bottom of Baldwins Lane during 2020. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area. As Croxley Danes grows, so will the middle and senior leadership teams, meaning that promotion is a distinct possibility for outstanding Trust employees. The staff team is a happy and stable one; the annual Charities Week is a highlight and loved by staff and students alike. The students are capable, concientious and self-motivated learners; have a look at our website's news pages to get a taste of the student experience or follow us on Twitter @croxleydanes. The school is close to beautiful countryside - Google images of the Chess Valley for a taste - and the permanent site is within walking distance of the Metropolitan Line into London. A few minutes from Jct 18 of the M25, the school is close to towns regularly voted as some of the best places in the UK to live and raise a family and, although an affluent part of the country, there is plenty of affordable housing in Watford and its surroundings. If you choose to apply for a job with the Trust, you will join a happy, successful team whilst making a wise investment in your future career in teaching. We look forward to hearing from you.
Come and grow with us
3 Wolsey Business Park