We are seeking a Medical, Attendance and Welfare Officer to join our team at the Danes Educational Trust on the Herts/Bucks border. The post will be based at Croxley Danes School, temporarily housed on Tolpits Lane, Rickmansworth before moving to the school’s permanent location on Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green.
We would like you to have:
• Experience of providing first aid preferable with a current first aid at work qualification
• English and Maths Level 2 (GCSE equivalent)
• Experience of working with and supporting children, young people and their parents/carers preferably within a school environment • Experience of working with school staff and visiting professionals as well as providing guidance on student welfare issues would be advantageous
• Knowledge of child protection procedures
• The ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
• Ability to work in a team and be part of the wider life and ethos of the school
• Ability and self-motivation to work independently
• A student focused, professional approach to work
• Experience of ICT (Microsoft Word and Outlook)
• Experience of SIMS database would be advantageous along with the ability to analyse data to identify patterns and trends
We can offer:
• A permanent contract of 37 hours per week, Term Time plus INSET days and 1 week holiday working
• A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team
• The opportunity to be part of an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• The opportunity to contribute to the education of the first, second and subsequent cohorts of students in a brand new school at an exciting stage in its development
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and is already provides a high quality education to its first cohort of Year 7 students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at a designated permanent site on land at the bottom of Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: the job description has been created to cover two separate long term roles: Medical Administrator and Attendance and Welfare Officer. During this exciting period of the school’s growth, we are looking to recruit somebody who has the flexibility and interest to cover both elements for the time being. There may well be scope for the successful candidate to specialise in the future once new appointments are made.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.