Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and compassionate Medical Welfare Leader / School Nurse to join an amazing multi-cultural primary school in Ilford, East London (IG3). The school is considered ‘Good’ by Ofsted and has a close knit community feel that is promoted through a respectful and inclusive ethos. The successful Medical Welfare Leader / School Nurse will join the school from mid-January 2017, on a full time long term contact with the potential of being offered a permanent post.
About the Role
- Medical Welfare Leader / School Nurse
- Be responsible for undertaking medical processes and administration within the school
- Be able to cover the school’s reception desk in the afternoon
- Arrange visits with the Local Authority School Nurse
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Joining the school from January 2017 with the potential to be offered a permanent position
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
About the School
- Larger than average primary school in Ilford, East London (IG3)
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Overall students behaviour is good
- Serves a multicultural community
- Excellent transport links are located a short walk away from the school
In order to be considered for this role, the Medical Welfare Leader will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have previous experience working in a UK-based school
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Have good knowledge of medical and administrative processe
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have First Aid qualification would be an ideal
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number HZM3581.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.