Medical Welfare Officer
- Actual starting salary: £23,300. Term Time (plus one week) Up to 2% Attendance Bonus Scheme
- Occupational Pension Scheme
- Onsite fitness and cardio suite & onsite parking
Ashcroft Technology Academy (ATA) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, positive and enthusiastic individual, who is first aid trained and strong administrative skills, to join the Academy as our Medical Welfare Officer. The successful candidate will be discreet, able and willing to work in a busy school environment, as part of a supportive team, and be of strong character.
The role will be varied in nature and responsibilities will include: oversight of the first aid and medical provision for all students and staff in the Academy, oversight of medical plans and monitoring long-term medical conditions, interventions with students relating to emotional, physical or welfare issues, maintaining full medical and accurate database records for students, keeping accident logs and producing management reports with medical statistics. The role will also entail handling a wide range of external telephone and face-to-face enquiries and close working with external health services. The successful applicant will have experience of working with young people, ideally in a school environment, and will feel confident in dealing with students and families who may be in difficult circumstances. The post holder will also assist with preparation of open days and events and running reports on admissions’ statistics and general main office assistance where time permits. The successful applicant will also be expected to work closely with the Leadership Group.
IT Training and continuing medical training will be provided so that medical knowledge is up-to-date.
Ashcroft Technology Academy:
• is graded an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2015)
• is a highly successful and five times over-subscribed school in south west London
• has excellent student behaviour and attendance levels
• provides high quality and well-resourced facilities
• has an excellent track record of public examination results
• offers considerable opportunities for career development
• is close to the A3, to East Putney tube station and Putney main line for easy commuting
If you would like to be a part of our team, further details and an application form are available from our website www.ashcroftacademy.org.uk or telephone us on 020 8812 3553.
You must complete the Academy application form electronically and email it no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 20 November 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find that there are sufficient applications and so we advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.