Pathways World School is welcoming applications from outstanding educators to lead the Modern Foreign Languages Department. The MFL Head of Department and Teacher is responsible for the leadership and management of grades 6 through 12 and the entire language specialist faculty. This leadership position requires an outgoing, flexible, team-player leader; with advanced communication skills and a high sense of multiculturality. The appointed candidate should be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the MYP/IBDP curriculum in an international, inclusive school context. The ability to teach one or both: French/ Spanish is required. The successful candidate must have the required skills to lead the department, with a clear and solid vision, to deliver the highest standards of second language acquisition programmes.
We are an international co-educational Boarding and Day Boarding School with advanced technological facilities, located within Gurgaon (New Delhi/NCR), Haryana, India.
The medium of instruction is English and the curriculum includes the Primary Years (PYP), Middle Years (MYP) and Diploma Programmes (DP) of the International Baccalaureate Organisation of Geneva.
The principal accountabilities include:
• providing a vision for learning within the department in line with that of the faculty;
• ensuring high standards of teaching, addressing any issues where teaching falls below the required standards;
• ensuring that learning is personalised through good use of assessment data and good assessment practice including focussed work for all ability levels;
• supporting staff in dealing effectively with student behaviour in order to remove barriers to learning;
• ensuring that department staff complete school monitoring, recording and reporting requirements to a high standard;
• ensuring value for money and the effective deployment of the department's annual budget;
To lead, train, support and manage department staff through:
• ensuring that all new staff receive a comprehensive induction;
• supporting the continuing professional development of department staff;
• facilitating the sharing of good practice through meetings and INSET;
• annual Performance Management of colleagues under direct line management.
To lead the Department's review and improvement planning work by:
• analysing the examination results of students working within the subject and agreeing and implementing action points;
• contributing to the faculty's annual self-review report;
• observing an agreed number of lessons;
• ensuring the effective use of self-review tools including those which facilitate student feedback on their learning experiences;
• preparing improvement plans for the department
The Employment Contract will be for two years which can be renewed on mutual consent.
Other benefits include: Rent free furnished accommodation on school campus, all meals free while on duty for self, economy class ticket for self every year from the prior determined destination, ticket for spouse and kids in every two years, free tuition to up to two kids.