MFL Teacher MPS/UPS Required for an immediate start
Fixed Term Contract -2 Terms in the first instance with possibility of permanent post
Holyhead School is a heavily oversubscribed 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013 and April 2015 and again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
● Results in MFL were excellent at both GCSE and A Level
We are looking for….
● An outstanding practitioner to join the MFL Faculty
● A well-qualified, creative and dynamic teacher of either French or Spanish
● An energetic practitioner able to support the increased uptake of languages at GCSE and A Level, who is able to inspire students and encourage a love of languages
● A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful department
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A commitment to staff wellbeing
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
● A permanent position for the right candidate
The Modern Foreign Languages Faculty at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. If you feel that you could add value to the current provision in MFL for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, HR Manager, and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: noon on 19th of October 2018
Interviews: w/c 22nd October 2018