Required 1st January 2018 or earlier
Pleckgate High School is celebrating another increase in the number of students achieving a basic pass at GCSE English and mathematics. The proportion of students achieving a grade 4 or more in both of these subjects was 71%, up 10% on last year. An impressive 52% of students achieved at least a grade 5 in English and mathematics. Our students achieved 28 grade 9s across these two subjects, demonstrating success at the very highest level. We have strong and supportive relationships ensuring our expectations and visions are shared with parents, students and staff.
The Governing Body wish to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed full time Modern Foreign Languages Teacher who can teach across the age and ability range up to and including GCSE. The ability to teach both French and German is essential. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible ‘can do’ approach to your teaching we would welcome an application from you.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
- Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
- Able to think creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in the MFL curriculum.
- A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes
- Committed to their own professional development
We can offer you:
- A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn
- Support from a dedicated and experienced MFL Department with excellent results at KS4
- A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities
- An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and MacBooks
- A well-resourced modern school building, opened in 2011
An application form and further details for this post are available from the school website
Closing Date: Friday 13th October 2017
Interviews: To be arranged
Further enquiries to Rebecca O’Neill, PA to Headteacher