An oversubscribed, flourishing secondary school in the heart of Norwood, South East London are currently recruiting through Smart Teachers for an MFL Teacher / Modern Foreign Languages Teacher full time who can ideally teach French and Spanish to join their friendly, hardworking team from April 2018. This school has an Ofsted ‘Good’ rating with ‘Outstanding’ features (Leadership and Management) and values the care of its staff and students above all else. This school is a ‘Parent Promoted’ school with a relatively new Sixth Form Centre and plenty of room for progression. This school moved into new buildings not so long ago and boasts light and airy classrooms with a modern feel. Although the MFL Teacher / Modern Foreign Languages Teacher role is temporary to begin with but has the potential to progress into a permanent position for the right candidate.
About the Role
· MFL Teacher / Modern Foreign Languages Teacher
· Full time
· April 2018 start
· Ideally able to teach French and Spanish
· Planning and delivering creative MFL lessons from KS3 up to KS5
· Be an active part of the MFL department working under a driven and enthusiastic team
· Daily rate between £130 up to £170 a day (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Oversubscribed secondary school, South East London
· “Good” Ofsted with Outstanding features for leadership and management
· Recently refurbished in a new modern building
· Parent promoted school
· Recently extended to include a sixth form
In order to be considered for this role, the MFL Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a PGCE or equivalent Teaching qualification
· NQTS welcome to apply as well as those with experience both in the UK and overseas
· Proven UK experience within a similar role
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Have good rapport with students, staff and outside authorities
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent references and valid DBS/police checks
· A sparky, ambitious and focussed attitude with the ability to adapt to a new environment quickly.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number JXB27758A.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.