Band 2 to Mid Point
6.25 hours (6 hours, 15 minutes) per week 38 weeks per year
Actual Salary £2,522 Per annum
We are looking for an approachable and enthusiastic Midday Assistant to work as part of our Midday team, to take care and control of all students on the school premises during the midday break between the morning and afternoon teaching sessions.
The daily hours of working will be 12:45pm to 14:00pm Monday to Friday.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Holiday pay
- Full training
- Pension Scheme
Ideally, you will be able to offer us:
- Prior experience of working with or caring for children
- Hold a current First Aid certificate
- The ability to provide timely and accurate information
- The ability to work effectively with other adults in the school
Example of Duties and Responsibilities:
· To maintain the safety, welfare and good conduct of the students during
the midday break.
· To support students clearing tables when meals are finished and clear up
any associated spillages.
· To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order.
· To provide pastoral care, guidance and routine advice to students as
· To alert senior midday assistant and/or the principal of any concerns
regarding an individual student or group of students.
· To attend relevant training and meetings as required.
· To respect confidentiality at all times.
· To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety, welfare
and behaviour of students.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for
health & safety in the workplace.
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the
school's Equal Opportunities Policy.
Safeguarding training will be provided. The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with.
As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School:
Clacton County High School is a forward thinking school at the forefront of curriculum innovation which seeks to make personalized learning a reality.
With 1600 students on roll, including over 300 in our Sixth Form, we pride ourselves on creating a supportive learning environment for all our students, enabling them to make good progress.
We are a ‘good’ school which changes students’ lives every day, achieving outstanding results; in 2015 we were awarded the runner up award in the East of England Pupil Premium Awards.
We are also proud to be the Lead school for the local Teacher Training Scheme.