We are looking to appoint a friendly and energetic midday meal supervisor to join our vibrant and diverse team. This is an excellent opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower opened in September 2014 in order to meet the significant need locally for new places, and was rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted in 2017. We opened with a three-form Reception cohort and the school will grow by a year group at a time. Harris Primary Academy Mayflower will eventually have five forms of entry per year group, and will be the biggest primary free school in the country. We are a sister school to Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred and we work very closely together. Our shared belief is that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school.
The successful applicant will:
- Undertake direct supervision of pupils in designated areas.
- Supervise conduct of pupils, ensuring safe and orderly conduct within and outside the premises.
- Deal with minor incidents and where appropriate, refer serious incidents to the Pastoral Assistant/Senior Staff.
- Clean up spillages or debris around the dining/play areas to ensure the maintenance of good order, discipline and safety.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- A new building providing an outstanding place to teach and learn
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Click here to watch the Harris Primary Academy Mayflower video.
Applications will be considered as and when they are received, so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you training and opportunities to support your career development. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For more information, please contact the academy on 0203 772 4588.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.