As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whether in Harris Primary Academy Shortlands or in one of our other 47 academies.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Shortlands?
Harris Primary Academy Shortlands is a two-form entry school which opened in September 2014 in Bromley, and now educates children from Reception to Year 4. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success. The academy moved to a brand new building in September 2016 on Kingswood Road in Shortlands. We had our first Ofsted inspection in April 2017 from which we were rated outstanding.
- A brand new building, which is a bright, modern and welcoming place for children to be;
- Every lesson at our school is creative and there is plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder;
- Each child is taught in the way that suits them best and we step in quickly if a change is needed;
- Excellent professional development opportunities and generous benefits package through the Harris Federation - a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies in and around London
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.