About the role: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy have a fantastic opportunity to appoint additional Midday Supervisors to join our brand new Academy which opened in September 2017. As we prepare for our second academic year, these are brand new positions have materialised as we expand our pupil numbers further. These roles are ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children and supporting our team to provide excellent provisions outside of the classroom for our pupils. Our appointed candidates will receive full support and training from colleagues and Teachers. The salary offered is £1,676 per annum based on working 1 hour per day Monday to Friday, Term Time Only (the full time equivalent salary is £15,065). Click here to view the Job Description.
Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- Previous, recent experience in an education setting
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator at all levels
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.