We would want all our teachers not only to be passionate about their subject but also to be willing to contribute to the pastoral and co-curricular program within the school.
A full-time teacher would be expected to teach 60% of a timetable (18 lessons out of 30 lessons). Class sizes is 24.
The school is fully committed to provide a range of professional development opportunities for all staff whether internally through our Professional Learning Centre or through external courses for which there is an exceptionally generous budget.
There is a very full co-curricular program of over 80 different activities which we ask all staff to contribute to a couple of times a week. Ideally this would be any activity that the teacher themselves is interested in.
Almost all staff are also homeroom teachers who would see a group of 24 students with another colleague together. Homeroom teachers are responsible for overseeing the welfare of students as well as their academic progress.
Stipend positions of responsibility: Heads of Department, Head of Year, and other management positions will have additional responsibilities, lower timetable requirements and receive stipends. Such modifications will be summarized in a supplemental document.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required, advanced degree(s) preferred;
- Valid teaching certification;
- Expertise in and a passion for your subject and a genuine interest in working with teenagers;
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to take the initiative and the flexibility to deal with change;
- Enthusiasm, energy, creativity and the willingness to take risks.
Preferred but not essential Requirements:
- Experience of working in an International School;
- Experience with second language learners;
- Bi-lingual ability (English and Mandarin Chinese)
YK Pao School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References, background checks and criminal record checks will be required.