Collegio San Carlo is a Private Catholic school in the heart of historic central Milan catering to students k - yr 13 and currently has a student body of 1966 and is growing. It recently has become an IB accredited school.
The Intercultural Program at Collegio San Carlo is the first bilingual program at Middle school level in a traditional Italian school (Grades 7 - 9). The main objective of this innovative program is to enrich the curriculum established by the Italian Ministry of Education through content and activities taken from other international curricula and to deliver a relevant share of the subjects in the English language. The students study 50% of subject matter in English and 50% in Italian.
Teachers working side by side develop schemes of work and lesson plans together in line with curriculum objectives. The English Mother Tongue teacher facilitates learning through English by establishing a relationship with pupils and by organising learning resources that are age appropriate and support the acquisition of specific subject terminology and language (CLIL)
The following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- At least 3-4 years of teaching General Science in Middle School
- Bachelor’s In Education with Science as a specialism
- Recognised Teaching Qualification (PGCE or similar)
- Be an excellent team worker
- Prior experience with ESL students a plus
- Knowledge of Italian a plus
- Must also hold an EU passport or valid working papers for Italy
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore all positions will be subject to comprehensive reference checks including the DBS.