Are you a self-motivated, punctual and reliable individual who enjoys driving?
Would you enjoy being responsible for coordinating, managing and driving our school minibus?
Do you live locally to Luton and want to be a key member of a dynamic and successful Academy?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy are seeking to appoint a Minibus Driver to join our successful team! We are looking to recruit a dependable and organised individual who will drive between our two Sixth Form sites to assist our students to and from classes and on various trips the Academy organise. At The Chalk Hills Academy, all staff have an important part to play and contributes where necessary, therefore, we are looking for someone who takes pride in being a big team player and will be flexible with their responsibilities to meet the differing needs of the Academy.
Role and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the safe transportation of the students to the relevant site
- Undertake other journeys as required such as Academy trips or the collection, loading and delivery of post, supplies, students and equipment
- Undertake appropriate vehicle checks and routine daily maintenance including vehicle cleaning and refueling.
- Report any vehicle defects found or suspected to the line manager, completing any necessary paperwork
- Coordinate and manage the minibus bookings for trips and fixtures for students and liaise with the Chalk Hills Academy lead driver on the sixth form minibus timetable
- Salary: L3.17 - £9.21 an hour, £14,935 per annum
- Hours: 37 hours a week, term time only (38 weeks per year)
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
The successful candidate will:
- Be over 23 years (insurance purposes) and be able to drive competently and safely as evidenced by a full current driving licence
- Hold a D1 Licence
- Have some experience of driving vehicles larger than cars and working with people and the general public
- Be able to communicate clearly, tactfully and politely
- Be able to exercise initiative in emergency situations such as vehicle breakdown
- Be able to vary normal working hours to meet unavoidable delays
- Have a good knowledge of daily vehicle checks and maintenance procedures
- Be willing to attend regular training as part of a planned programme
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th March at 12pm Interviews: Tuesday 17th April
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today- We look forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to our Job Description in your application as this forms the basis of our shortlisting.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226 or email email@example.com.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.