Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’.
Summary of the overall purpose of the job:
To be responsible for the safe operation of a timetabled shuttle service between sites throughout the school day and to do timetabled runs to the playing field. Drivers must hold full, clean driving licences and have sat and passed the Lewisham Bus Test.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
- To be responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff whilst being carried in the vehicle.
- To drive in a considerate manner and conforming to the Highway Code.
- To be responsible for the vehicle condition and road worthiness (daily checks).
- To carry out regular visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water and fuel.
- To ensure that vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents are communicated immediately to the Site Supervisor.
- To be available and on duty for the relevant shift each day.
- To ensure that students do not consume any food or drink whilst travelling on the bus. Students who disobey the rule may be asked to leave the bus and their names and the incident noted in the log book and passed to the Deputy Principal, Staff Administration as soon as possible.
- To see that students behave correctly whilst waiting for and boarding the bus. Drivers are permitted to refuse to carry any student who does not adhere to the code of conduct.
- To be responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of the bus.
- To abide by the law and ensure the safety of your passengers is paramount.
- To check the First Aid Box to ensure it is up to date.
- To perform any other related duties as required by the Site Supervisor or School Business Manager.