Do you have a passion for technical support? Are you a self-starter with a can-do attitude? If this is you, then apply for this amazing new opportunity at Lady Eleanor Holles School as a Mobile Service Desk Technician.
The post holder will provide support to the IT Team to facilitate the smooth running of the school’s IT infrastructure, mobile devices, equipment data cleansing, display screen assessments, and act as 1st and 2nd line support for IT queries. The role will act as the primary support contact for all mobile devices support, including - iPad’s, laptops and mobile phones throughout the school. Critical to your role will be the daily administration of the Mobile Device Manager software, for which comprehensive in-house training and support from the Applications Delivery Manager will be given.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate including:
• Use of LEH’s Service Desk, so that you will be able to record support ticket updates and outcomes covering both senior and junior schools.
• Use of software tools used to data cleanse equipment prior to disposal.
• The undertaking of Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments for new and existing staff in partnership with the Service Desk Technician.
The key to the success of this role will be your ability to engage in a friendly positive way with LEH IT’s wide customer base, including staff and students.
Candidates with prior technical knowledge are desired, however, consideration will be made for candidates from non-technical backgrounds in which they have worked closely with a variety of customers, who can demonstrate an aptitude for technical learning.
LEH is a thriving school situated on the outskirts of London on a 24-acre site with excellent facilities. It is a great place to work, with a positive atmosphere, supportive colleagues, well-behaved students, and bespoke CPD.
The school has its own attractive pay and benefits structure. Some of our most popular benefits are listed below:
• Teachers' Pension Scheme for teaching staff and membership of LEH Group Pension Scheme (with life assurance) for non-teaching staff
• Free lunches, tea, and coffee
• Generous occupational sick pay scheme
• 'Care First' Employee Assistance Programme
• Occupational Health Service
• Learning and development opportunities, including financial support for postgraduate study
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free car parking on site
• Library facilities open to all
• Use of 25-metre swimming pool at specified times
• Staff receive free or reduced price tickets to attend the excellent school drama and music productions
• School fee reductions for LEH; the school also has an arrangement for fee reduction at Hampton School for boys
• The school offers a rent or mortgage allowance subsidy for new permanent teaching/non-teaching staff who are at the start of their careers or relocate to the area in order to take up the post
An application pack is available from the school’s website by clicking here. Ap plications must be made on the school’s own form and should be sent to email@example.com.
The closing date is noon on Wednesday, 18th September 2019.
Interviews to be held w/c: Interviews may take place at any time.
CVs will not be considered and should not be submitted.
Lady Eleanor Holles is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)