MFL – DEPUTY SUBJECT LEADER
TMR/UPR + TLR2a
Full-time permanent position - required for September 2018
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We require a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Languages to work alongside the Subject Leader in an established, supportive and successful department. You will be passionate about Languages and have a good understanding of the new specification. You will be focussed on the attainment of all students, have a proven success at teaching across all abilities and be able to demonstrate outstanding classroom practice.
An ability to offer French to KS4 Spanish to KS3 is essential.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover.
Are you someone who could:
- Support the Subject Leader MFL and deputise when required?
- Lead on assessment across the department and organise the data calendar?
- Manage and support the training of ITT students in the department?
- Review the implementation of the Homework Policy across the department?
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact Diana Chamberlain on 01903 237864.
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the links in this advert. Applications can be made using the "quick apply" form or on our school application form which can be downloaded below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 23 May 2018 by 12.00 noon
Interviews will take place on 25 May 2018
Completed applications should be sent to the Headteacher at the above address or emailed to email@example.com
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Worthing High School is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools.