The Cottesloe School is a successful and oversubscribed Foundation Secondary School with Sixth Form situated in the village of Wing in rural North Buckinghamshire, located conveniently for Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
We are a caring school with highly qualified and exceptionally committed staff, who recognise the importance of creative and challenging teaching and high professional standards. All staff and students are greatly valued and emphasis on student and staff wellbeing is central to our culture.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and ambitious leader who is focused on raising aspirations and outcomes for students in Modern Foreign Languages. We currently teach French and German and the ideal candidate must be a dual linguist with a proven record in delivering high quality teaching and learning and student outcomes. Applicants from languages outside of French and German are welcomed.
- Ofsted rated Good in all areas - July 2016
- CPD Award Mark of Outstanding
We are looking for:
- A dynamic and exceptional teacher with high expectations for all students.
- Candidates who are able to inspire and enthuse students to study languages.
- Someone who is committed to raising standards for all.
- Someone who is able to adapt to change and embrace new ideas.
We can offer you :
- The opportunity to work in a Good and improving school that has a strong emphasis on wellbeing for staff and students.
- Access to high quality personalised CPD through PiXL, Challenge Partners and strong professional networks.
- The opportunity to teach students who are courteous and have a high degree of respect for others. They are proud of their school and enjoy learning. Parents are positive about the behaviour of students and say they are managed well and staff are similarly positive (Ofsted July 2016).
- Modern, state of the art classrooms with interactive screens.
- The freedom to teach creative lessons in a friendly and supportive school.
- The opportunities to take part in overseas school trips, with visits to Germany and France on alternate years.
Our MFL Departments are very popular with an increasing number of students opting to study languages, and the successful candidate is expected to take the teams to the next level of success.
The post will provide an excellent opportunity for an ambitious leader, with proven examination experience, to step into Middle Leadership and develop alongside other talented Leaders within a strong leadership framework.
Please contact Mrs Louise Baldwin (Deputy Headteacher) if you would like to discuss this role further: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01296 688264.
For further information about our school please see our website www.cottesloe.bucks.sch.uk
Please see attached Applicant Information Booklet for details about the application process.
In your application you should detail:
1. Why you want to work at The Cottesloe School.
2. What have been the greatest successes in your current role, and how do you know.
3. What skills do you still need to work on.
4. How do you build great relationships with students and staff.
5. Your experience of delivering teaching and learning, and what impact your contribution would make in terms of raising standards at our school.
Completed application forms should be submitted via TES online application form or downloaded from the school website and emailed to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Deadline for completed applications is 9.00am on Friday 17 January 2020, with interviews shortly after.
The Cottesloe School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment, to follow the school's safeguarding policies and procedures and to behave appropriately towards children and young people at all times both in work and in their personal lives. Offers of employment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance, and satisfactory qualification, health and reference checks.