Post: Modern Foreign Languages Teacher
Contract: Permanent, part time 0.8
Start date: September 2020
Ref number: SHS019
Stocksbridge High School is a 11-16 comprehensive school with 850 students on roll. We are an ambitious and inclusive school rooted firmly within our community. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and capable Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish) Teacher.
This role would be suitable for both NQTs and experienced Teachers, but ideally someone who has the experience and skills to teach Spanish up to GCSE. There may be a requirement to also teach French to KS3. We are looking for a Spanish Teacher who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner & has high expectations of pupils and their learning.
• Is a strong advocate for modern foreign languages and through outstanding teaching will engender love of the subject in young people and an expectation to take it further.
• Has knowledge of effective strategies in Spanish to raise attainment and progress & can work well as part of a team.
• Is confident teaching Spanish to key stage 3 and key stage 4 up to GCSE. Is capable of delivering French to KS3.
• Is creative and constantly looking for ways to engage and inspire pupils in Spanish.
• Has good organisational and classroom management skills.
• Has excellent communication skills and works well within a team.
• Is willing to be flexible.
Minerva Learning Trust is a recently formed and expanding Sheffield based multi-academy Trust with a vision of providing outstanding education for all the pupils within our academies. The Trust is passionate that all pupils should see their time at school as happy and fulfilling, with their potential developed to the utmost. Stocksbridge High School joined the Trust in December 2017 and is developing this partnership and making rapid improvements for our pupils and community.
Closing Date is: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 3pm
Interviews scheduled for: Friday 28 February 2020
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Further information is available by contacting Hannah Taylor via email@example.com
The application form and information pack are available on the school website www.stocksbridgehigh.co.uk