Moved Room/ Seclusion Supervisor
Grade: B3 18-21 £18,780 - £20,541- Pro Rata £15,991- £17,490 Term Time only plus 5 days
Role: Moved Room/ Seclusion Supervisor will be focused on engaging and supporting pupils who need particular help with Behaviour management to overcome barriers to learning. Part of this role will be to manage moved room and share the responsibilities of Seclusion working with students who have been referred to help understand and develop techniques allowing them to be successful.
Moved Room Requirements:
• Supervising students who have been removed from lesson. Such students will be referred without notice by Year Managers and Teachers during lesson times and will only remain in moved room until the end of the current lesson
• At times when the unit is empty, the moved room supervisor will assist in seclusion and on call with the behaviour team as well as other learning support bases
• Recording all aspects of behaviour, work completion, further sanctions etc. on SIMS and Behaviour Watch as required by the Behaviour Modification Leader
• Close liaison with Year Managers around behaviour and target students, work with students in moved room to build trust and positive relationships to reduce removals from lessons
• Organise students to do the work set
• Maintain maximum control while students work silently
• Maintain a record of pupil behaviour while in the unit
• Provide cover in other provisions as required
• Liaise with all departments to ensure work is ready for students who have been removed from lessons
• To provide continuous supervision of the students within the seclusion room ensuring that they work productively and safely
• To encourage students to reflect on their behaviour and to accept responsibility for their actions
• To log behaviour incidents on SIMs, complete a daily behaviour log and contribute to a half termly behaviour report
• To liaise with subject teachers when appropriate, gaining key information about units of work in order to provide work that is age and ability appropriate for students in the seclusion room
• Establish productive working relationships with both staff and students, acting as a role model, providing support, encouragement, guidance and assistance for learning, independence, practical activities and social skills
• To contribute to extra-curricular activities in order to provide further opportunities for pupils’ social and cultural development
• Identify patterns/trends of repeat referrals and regularly provide accurate data to inform the academy behaviour tracker
• The supervision of students in the seclusion room at break and lunch time, having pre-ordered packed lunches if necessary
Leeds East Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09.
Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area.
Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaderswith the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
Shortlisting Date: W/C 28th May
Interview Date: W/C 28th May
Start Date: ASAP
For more information please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 21st May 2018