Based at Endeavour House, Ipswich.
In Suffolk, we are building a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are among the best and most innovative in England. Our new management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families.
We are working closely with our family representatives and our partners in health and social care, and twelve months on from our disappointing SEND inspection things are already markedly better, but we still have a great deal to achieve and if you share our values and ambitions we would love you to join our team. You will need to have the highest standards, be able to deliver change quickly and willing to give your all.
In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
The SEND Family Services team leads on all aspects of our family facing work and supports individual children and young people with SEND and their families throughout their SEND journey. This includes securing the right education offer to support their specific needs and ensuring regular and effective reviews of their progress, holding providers to account across the system for meeting the needs of individual children and young people.
This team includes practitioners from a range of backgrounds to provide a wealth of knowledge and experiences and to build strong working partnerships across the education, health, and care system.
In the role of the SEND Family Services Moving into Adulthood Consultant, you will be leading the development and effective delivery of the SEND Strategy, ensuring best practice in supporting transition for children and young people across all agencies involved.
This will include:
- supporting and empowering children and young people with SEND, and their families to make informed decisions about preparing for adulthood
- introducing person centred planning initially from age 13 to encompass, health and wellbeing, independent living, and community inclusion
- advising the SEND Family Services team in developing transition planning and interventions which supports children and young people to identify the skills they need to achieve their hopes, dreams and ambitions
- informing the development of local high-quality FE provision and the co-ordination of high quality packages of learning and training, care, health and wellbeing for young people as they move into adulthood
- ensuring relevant learning and training opportunities are identified for young people so they are able to engage and complete their learning pathway in preparation for success in adulthood.
We are looking to welcome to the team an enthusiastic individual who has relevant experience and is passionate about the success of young people as they progress into adulthood.
For further details please contact Tracy Winwood on 07713 092570.
Apply online at: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org or call 0345 601 4412 quoting the job ref.
Closing date: 30 April 2018.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.
SUFFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL, IPSWICH IP1 2BX