About our school: Mulberry school for Girls is an outstanding, high achieving, over- subscribed and successful girls’ comprehensive school for pupils aged 11 to 18. It is a place where girls’ talents and abilities are nurtured in a safe creative space and where they can develop their ambitions and the power for self-determination. We aim to deliver “Confidence, Creativity, Leadership” and a Life-Long “love of learning”. We believe these things will enable our pupils to lead enriched, happy and fulfilled lives, making a contribution to their own community, to British society and to global well-being.
The Mulberry Complementary Education Centre (MCEC)
The vision of the Mulberry Complementary Education Centre is to create a bespoke provision for the increasing numbers of girls in our schools with mental health, social and emotional issues who are unable to learn in a main school environment.
The purpose of the role would be to support girls at risk of exclusion, non- attendance, child sexual exploitation, drugs and alcohol abuse though bespoke reintegration programmes.
The Manager will be accountable for:
• Developing Mulberry Complementary Education Centre, a provision for girls with mental health, social and emotional issues who are unable to learn in a main school environment.
• Improving the outcomes for girls who have disengaged from school or are at risk of exclusion
• Reintegrating girls back into mainstream education through bespoke reintegration programmes
• Taking the lead in working with staff to develop strategies so that students are successfully reintegrated into school
• Reducing the number of exclusions and increase the attendance of students attending MCEC
• Working with external agencies and social care to develop a holistic approach to the care of girls attending MCEC
• Building self-esteem and resilience so that students are better equipped with the tools to succeed in mainstream education
• Providing girls with a curriculum and opportunities, that will help them to understand the world in which they live, enabling them to re-engage with school and the wider world as active and responsible participants in society
• Working with the Local Authority, other national organisations and alternative education providers to improve the outcomes of young people
This is an exciting time to join the Mulberry Schools trust. The trust is committed to opportunities for teachers' professional development and there is a willingness to fast track teachers with the potential to excel.
If you wish to apply for the above position, please refer to the attached job description and the required skills and experience within it. Full details of this post and the application form are available at http://www.mulberryschoolforgirls.org/vacancies
Please complete the Mulberry School for Girls application form as CV’s will not be accepted. Your completed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All staff will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) with Barred Lists check before employment commences.