Brisbane Catholic EducationMango Hill
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: January 2021
We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers for Year 7 - 12 classes to teach any combination of Junior and Senior Religious Education, Science, Mathematics, English, Humanities and Dance.
You will be able to demonstrate a commitment to the education of young people, have proven organisation abilities, effective communication skills and be an innovative and creative educator. Applicants will have a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum delivered within a technology rich environment.
Applicants must be willing to be involved in the co-curricular activities of the college.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven organisational skills
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
• If this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Benedict’s College is a developing co-educational secondary college which opened in January 2013. In 2021 we will commence the year with in excess of 900 students. The College provides a connection to secondary education for the students of co-located St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School, other local Catholic feeder schools, as well as students from a variety of other schools in the North Lakes-Mango Hill area and wider region. We are master planned as a six stream Year 7 to Year 12 College. Our College is committed to providing high quality contemporary education in a Catholic Christian context, embracing the spirit of St Benedict. We support and encourage all students to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens able to contribute fully to their community and the world in which they live.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term and Continuing positions available
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 School Year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Sharie Faloon
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3385 8888
Contact Email: email@example.com