9 month fixed term contract
Institut Le Rosey (www.rosey.ch) is an English and French co-educational boarding IB World School for 440 pupils. With its Arts and Learning Centre, the Paul et Henri Carnal Hall, Le Rosey has a broad offering of artistic and sporting “co-curricular” activities. For September we are seeking a music intern or “stagiaire”
This is an outstanding opportunity for a practising musician proficient on one or more musical instrument(s), ideally with expertise in music technology (music software, recording, sound production) and composition.
The person appointed will:
- assist and support the Artistic Director/Head of Music
- be able to assist in the teaching of classes
- run music production/music technology sessions and activities
- supervise instrumental practice sessions
- become involved in the broader and particularly the artistic life of the Rosey community
This is a residential position from September 2018 until the end of June 2019: it would suit a recently qualified music graduate looking to gain experience.
As well as possessing ability and potential in their field, the ideal intern/music assistant will be energetic, flexible and dynamic with an interest in international education. The ability to communicate in both English and French would be a distinct advantage.
In return, Le Rosey will offer:
- Return travel to and from Geneva at the beginning and end of contract
- Shared accommodation on the Rolle campus
- Free tickets for all the events in the Rosey Concert Hall and use of school’s extensive sporting and artistic facilities
- A monthly payment of CHF 1,200
Slightly fuller details can be consulted on the school website. Expressions of interest should be addressed to the Artistic Director, Rachel Gray, at email@example.com. They must be by email and include: a statement of interest, a CV, a photo, and the names of three referees.
Closing date: 30 April 2018