Opening in September 2019, BSL will be the first-choice school for expatriate families seeking an outstanding Early Years and Primary Education in the downtown area. Located in Cais do Sodre, BSL aims to be a truly British international school in every sense. With a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart, BSL will be relentless in its pursuit for excellence. Added to this, a supportive community feel and a school in walking distance of the best of what a capital city has to offer, make working at BSL a once in a lifetime opportunity.
The British School of Lisbon is looking to appoint an exceptional music teacher to join our talented team. Reporting to the Headmaster and Senior Teacher, you will become part of a highly dedicated team, with the collective responsibility of forming the initial academic direction of the school. We welcome applications from outstanding, self-motivated and reflective professionals. We’re looking for the right blend of energy, enthusiasm and experience, and a passion for teaching and learning that embraces change and innovation as well as ensuring consistency and continuity. Given that this will be a school in its first year of inception, flexibility and positivity in approach will be key factors in your approach. Please refer to the teacher job description for detailed requirements, roles and responsibilities.
Teachers will be expected to:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding performance for all students, both personally, socially and academically.
- Collaborate with other teachers to achieve collective accountability.
- Ensure the classroom is a well-organised, efficient and an effective hive of purposeful activity.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Engage in active communication with parents and other important stakeholders
- Promote our Mission through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect everyone deserves.
- Possess a creative and pragmatic approach, collaborating on innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
- Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking, helping to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
- Be prepared to take on an area of curriculum responsibility to support the development of the school.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of at least two professional referees - one of which is your current Head Teacher. Due to GDPR, you must ask referees for approval before submitting your application. Your CV should contain a clear employment history and details of professional qualifications. Any gaps in employment must also be explained.
Due to the high number of applications expected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted with further details of the interview process. Initial interviews will be conducted in person where possible, or via Skype.
Closing date: 20th March, 2019
Start date: August 2019
The British School of Lisbon places the highest priority on all matters relating to safeguarding. All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Those who have worked internationally must also provide equivalent clear criminal record certificates for each country.