School Details –
At HeadStart we aim to stimulate students’ minds, as well as to encourage them to push beyond perceived traditional academic boundaries. It is our intention that through employing dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring teachers, we will enthuse all our students to reach their potential and exceed expectations. We deliver a well-rounded personalised educational experience. We pride ourselves in being a community school, emphasising individual learning.
HeadStart is based in the centre of Phuket Island and gained ‘International School’ status in 2010. We are now a fully accredited International School with The Education Development Trust, having been awarded the International Schools Quality Mark (ISQM). The most recent accreditation showed the school to be a ‘Good School with Outstanding Features’.
We have been offering Cambridge qualifications throughout all Key Stages and IGCSEs for many years. The school now has over 800 students on roll and is moving towards becoming oversubscribed in many year groups.
Music Teacher & Coordinator –
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven professional to raise the profile of Music further in the school. The successful candidate will be overseeing Music from Preschool through to Year 13 and will be teaching Secondary Music, especially exam classes.
The Music Coordinator will be responsible for developing group instrumental and vocal programmes at school in an already thriving Creative and Performing Arts faculty. The Music Coordinator will be required to teach After School Activities and Academies.
Requirements / Application Details –
·Experience teaching across KS3 - Y13 Music
· Multi instrumentalist with experience in coaching bands, orchestras and instrumental ensembles
· Sound understanding of the assessment requirements for IGCSE & A Level Music
· Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
· A recognised teaching qualification: BEd.; PGCE; iPGCE or equivalent
· Must be a fluent English speaker
Desirable Requirements (not essential):
· Previous experience in an International School environment
· Experience of teaching learners who have English as an Additional Language.
· Experience running a Music Department from Preschool - Y13
· Knowledge of music technology
· Experience of Cambridge International and BTEC Music
(Full details of salary package and terms and conditions will be sent to short-listed candidates)
· Private medical insurance
· 2 year renewable contract
· Short-Term Accommodation on arrival to help the settling process
· Free lunch and beverages during the school day
· Additional payment for extra curricula activities
· Significant end of contract bonuses.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to apply for the position, however, you may also follow this link: Apply Here and complete the online application form.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27th March 2020; however, we encourage early applications and reserve the right to make an appointment to the ideal candidate before this date.
PLEASE NOTE: HeadStart International School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (in the UK) or Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence.
Shortlisted candidates will be sent full salary details and be invited for interview (via Skype).
For further details please visit our school website at: www.headstartphuket.com
CANDIDATES WITHOUT A DEGREE AND A RECOGNISED TEACHING QUALIFICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
We do not accept applications from candidates with only a TEFL or equivalent qualification.