Smart Teachers is recruiting for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Music Teacher to join a successful music department in a ‘Good’ co-educational secondary school in Bromley, South East London. The successful Music Teacher will be someone who not only has a real passion for music but someone who can enthuse, challenge and inspire students to produce the highest outcomes, contributing to a department that consistently achieves outstanding results.
About the Role
· Music Teacher
· Full Time
· April 2018 start or September 2018 for the right candidate
· MPS/UPS pay scale – ranging from £26662 up to £42498
About the School
· Co-educational secondary school in South East London
· Sixth form available
· Ofsted rated ‘Good’ in March 2016
· Music department is purpose built with two recording studios, rehearsal room and peripatetic teaching rooms
· 4 teaching staff, a music technician and 15 peripatetic staff
· State of the art equipment, software and recording facilities
· Strong reputation in the borough for music with its varied curriculum, classical concerts and an international tour
In order to be considered for this role, the Music Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor, PGCE or equivalent, relevant teaching degree
· Hold QTS
· Be able to teach music to KS5
· Have a love of the subject and ability to convey this to students
· Be able to play the piano well
· Have some knowledge of music technology
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· NQTs are welcome to apply
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR48901.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.