Due to the promotion of a member of the department to a senior role within the College, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, committed and inspiring teacher of Music from September 2018 or January 2019.
Clifton College has an outstanding reputation for music established over the course of its 150 year history. Old Cliftonians include Sir David Willcocks CBE, Andrew Nethsingha (Director of Music, St John’s College Cambridge) and many other notable musicians; students regularly achieve top grades at GCSE and A level and recent leavers have gone to study at Oxbridge and conservatoires both in the UK and Europe, many with choral, instrumental or organ scholarships. The key element of this role will be providing outstanding GCSE and A level teaching (Edexcel) but you would also be expected to contribute to the department in other ways, for example by accompanying students on the piano for exams and concerts, teaching theory and aural, helping to organise concerts and/or directing ensembles as requested by the Director of Music.
You will have:
● Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent experience
● A passion for excellence in the teaching of Music
● The ability to motivate and inspire through energy and enthusiasm
● Ability to achieve top results at KS3, KS4 and KS5
● Excellent organisational and ICT skills
● The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team, excellent interpersonal skills
● Strong ability on an instrument or voice
● Ability to teach theory and aural classes in preparation for grade exams
You may have:
● Outstanding keyboard skills
● Experience as a performer or director within an educational or professional environment
Application closing date – Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Interview date – Week commencing Monday 4th June 2018