St Joseph’s Institution International School Malaysia (SJIIM) is a Lasallian International School (3 to 18 years). It prepares students for the IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme examinations with an emphasis upon research-based teaching pedagogy and a character-building programme of activities inspired by the school’s Lasallian heritage, including service, sport, music, adventure and drama.
SJIIM is seeking a Music Teacher in a strategic and creative role, which covers both the practical creation and delivery of an engaging Music curriculum whilst establishing and developing the profile of Music in the wider school environment. This person will be responsible for supporting children's achievement and wellbeing through the promotion of quality education within the classroom, in co-curricular activities and in partnership with the Head of High School Music. They will play a key role in shaping the future direction of Performing Arts in the Elementary School, working with the wider Performing Arts staff members.
The successful candidate will uphold the school values, and put pupils‘ wellbeing and character development at the heart of learning. They will be responsible for promoting high quality education for all students in an inclusive setting, showing respect for all within our community.
We are looking for a committed, passionate and knowledgeable professional who will work proactively to ensure the best possible teaching of Music.
Suitable candidates will:
● Be an inspiring, innovative and high achieving professional
● Be sympathetic to the ethos of our school and supportive of our Lasallian values
● Have a proven track record of delivering outstanding teaching for at least two years
● Have an appropriate academic degree and teaching qualification
● Keep abreast of current pedagogy and practice
● Be committed to working in a team environment
● Have excellent interpersonal skills with students, teachers and parents
● Have a genuine commitment to student progress and the wellbeing and pastoral care of children
● Make a contribution to our co-curricular activities
● To teach pupils assigned to your class within the school, promoting high quality learning and character development
● To promote the Lasallian Mission and Core Values of SJIIM
● Ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reports meet the expectations of the school
● Demonstrate thorough curriculum knowledge and support the development of the Music curriculum
● To contribute to and further develop our co-curricular Music programme
● Demonstrate a proactive approach towards professional development
● To actively contribute to wider school development and growth
We can offer:
● The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
● A caring, inclusive Lasallian school focused on holistic education
● A school-wide commitment to accelerating and deepening pupils’ learning
● A highly effective team supporting character development and supporting each other
● Excellent professional development opportunities to promote the delivery of cutting edge practice
● Competitive teachers’ pay and conditions
SJII Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore, be subject to a DBS check.
Please go to the school website: www.sji-international.edu.my/staff/employment-opportunities/teaching-vacancies for further information.
How To Apply:
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A Curriculum Vitae, including three referees
- Completed job application form
- Send to email@example.com or upload these via the TES portal. Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.