Exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant and dynamic international school in the UK capital city.
We are currently looking for Music Teachers to work in the Middle (ages 11-16) and Primary School (ages 4-10) to join the International School of London.
The International School of London was originally founded in 1972 and was amongst the first schools in the country to offer the International Baccalaureate programme. The school is currently growing and a number of new initiatives, including the recent renovation of the buildings and facilities, are underway. There is a strong commitment to the on-going professional training of all staff and for providing leadership development at all levels.
The Performing Arts department is offering a diverse and vibrant curriculum to all students throughout the Primary and Middle School. Music is offered alongside Drama and is seen as an essential part of all students’ educational experience. The arts team has increasingly been using technology to enhance learning and promote student performance. The extra curricula music and performance programme has also grown in strength this year. The successful candidate would be ideally placed for involvement in these innovations and able to make lasting contributions to the school.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience teaching Music to Middle School Students
· Previous experience teaching Music to Primary School Students
· A willingness to be involved in the school’s extra-curricular programme
· Proven capacities to work with international students and support students for whom English is not their mother tongue
· Previous experience with the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Primary Years Programme (PYP) would also be highly desirable
The teaching position would commence in August, 2018. For further information about the school please visit our website: www.islschools.org/london
International School London is committed to safeguarding children and will ensure that recruitment procedures adhere to safer recruitment guidance. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced UK Disclosure and Barring Service check and/or equivalent overseas police check where relevant.