786 on roll (175 in Sixth Form)
Headteacher: Mr R Williams
Malton School is a high achieving and over-subscribed 11 to 18 school situated between York and the North York Moors National Park.
Teacher of Music
We seek an outstanding teacher of Music to further develop the subject within a vibrant Arts Department.
This is a temporary (in the first instance), full-time, post starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for:
• Commitment to ensuring that students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally.
• A reflective practitioner with a desire to work collaboratively and to share best practice.
• An inspirational teacher who can build positive relationships with students to motivate them to achieve to their potential.
• A personal drive for raising achievement and developing innovative practice.
• A commitment to music performance outside the curriculum.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to work as part of a creative and supportive team.
• A coaching culture which is a key focus for bespoke staff development.
• Opportunities to lead and develop resources across all key stages.
• Involvement in a Teaching School Alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and supports professional development.
• Enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress.
• A vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging.
• A major investment in support staff roles (e.g. allowing the provision of “no cover”) so that teachers can focus on planning and delivering outstanding lessons.
The school has launched an iPad for Learning scheme. Every member of staff has an iPad as well as a laptop. All students have an iPad. This is an exciting time as the school is growing and moving from strength to strength.
If you would like further information please contact:
Nicola Wise on 01653 605302 or email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon, 27/11/2017 Interviews on 06/12/2017
Malton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff to adhere to safe working practices.