Greengates School is a prestigious British International School in the northwest suburbs of Mexico City with approximately 1200 students aged 3 to 18. Our diversity is exemplified by the fifty nationalities represented in the school community. Greengates offers the IPC in the Primary School, the University of Cambridge IGCSE followed by the IBDP in the Secondary School.
The school provides a caring, nurturing environment where students are encouraged to become independent learners and has continuously built an outstanding reputation of academic excellence both throughout the region and globally over the past 66 years. Greengates’ students consistently achieve outstanding examination results at both IGCSE and IBDP level with many of them going on to attend some of the world’s most highly ranked universities.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to the post of Music Teacher with effect from August 2018. Applicants must be qualified teachers with at least two years of experience.
Suitable candidates must:
· Be able to teach across the age and ability range
· Have experience of curriculum development
· Enjoy working and planning collaboratively
· Be able to teach children with diverse language backgrounds
· Be proficient in the piano
· Have a clear knowledge in most orchestral instruments (strings, woodwind and percussion) and be able to perform basic maintenance (e.g. tuning, replacing strings & reeds etc.)
· Have experience teaching in an IGCSE and IBDP school would be an advantage.
The school offers:
· A two year contract
· Generous local salary
· Sterling displacement allowance
· Health insurance
· Annual airfare
· Rent subsidy
Applicants should email Mrs Liliana Kuroda at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
· Letter of application
· Full CV with photograph
· Three professional referees with email and phone contact information (one of whom must be your current Head of School).
· Indicate your availability for an interview via Skype