Required for November 2019
We are a thriving and inclusive primary school in South West London looking for a talented and enthusiastic music teacher to work across the school, teaching music. We need someone who will inspire our children by planning and delivering quality group and whole class lessons as well as taking a whole school lead with the school choir. Applicants should be willing to contribute to all aspects of the school vision including extra-curricular activities and be fully involved in the broader life of the school.
We are fully committed to our music provision that includes choir, clarinet tuition (external) and a range of tutors. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of school concerts whilst taking lead responsibility for the school choir and our singing assemblies.
- Be an excellent classroom teacher with a proven record within your subject
- Be resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
- Have the knowledge and expertise to enthuse children and your colleagues
- Be a teacher who is committed to personal and professional development
In return we can offer:
- Excellent opportunities for professional development. As a school we have a strong track record in developing middle and senior leaders.
- A well-resourced curriculum.
- A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children and supportive parents.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
We highly recommend that you visit us prior to making your application; please contact Jan Dixon, Office Manager on email@example.com, or on 020 8788 8901
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email or post
When completing the form, candidates should refer to the job description and person specification.
Closing date: 11 October 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 15 October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please note we do Not accept CVs
Southmead Primary School
Headteacher: Sarah Parry