Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Music Teacher for a secondary SEN school based in West London. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the school caters for students with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound or multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The successful Music Teacher will cover all teaching duties and will have strong behaviour management skills. This is a part-time role (Tuesday – Thursday) and is to start immediately on a temporary basis until July 2018, with a possibility of extending to December 2018.
About the Role
· Music Teacher
· Part-time position teaching Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
· Role to start immediately until July 2018, with the possibility of extending to December 2018
· Daily rate from £130, depending on experience
About the School
· Thriving special school based in West London
· Ofsted rated ‘Good’ with outstanding student behaviour
· Pupils are aged between 11-19
· All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
· Caters for children with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound or multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
In order to be considered for this role, the Music Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Previous experience working with students with PMLD/SLD/ASD preferably in a special secondary school
· Experience with Makaton and PECs (desirable)
· Team-Teach trained (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references
· A valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC36520B.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.