Smart Teachers is recruiting for an innovative Music Teacher to join an “Outstanding” independent school close to Weybridge, Surrey . This part time Music teaching role is based in a secondary school, teaching students aged 11- 18, with an attached co-educational sixth form. Starting January 2019, this role will be contracted until the end of the current academic year, although the school are looking to set up interviews immediately. The successful Music Teacher will be required to work part time, 3-4 days a week, with the specific days to be confirmed in line with availability and timetable requirements.
About the Role
· Music Teacher
· Very little planning involved, mainly covering lessons in KS3 and KS4
· Part-time contract for the academic year starting January (three/four days a week to be confirmed)
· Extensive knowledge in Classical Music and Music Tech is essential
· Working alongside the HOD Music
· Up to £40,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
About the School
· All boys’ school
· Offers a wide range of fantastic art facilities to be utilised as part of the lessons
· Rated as Outstanding in all categories
· Friendly, family- oriented, nurturing and supportive environment
· Easy to access using multiple routes via public transport, parking facilities available on site as well
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Music Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree, specialising in Music
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Possess the ability to teach pre planned lessons and partake in marking work
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number IXK4915.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.